How do I prep myself for an Interview?
2019/03/30Answer by :
We all get nervous before interviews. Doesn’t matter if it’s our first job interview or we have already appeared a number of times, the fear, the anxiety just don’t want to leave us alone. First interviews could be scariest especially if you are not prepared. I, being an introvert, had to fight a lot of my fears for being able to appear in an interview and not made a fool out of myself. I still feel things get a lot easier for extroverts as they have the god gifted craft of communicating even with strangers(My thoughts though).
When you are prepared, you may become more anxious but will never fail to pull a decent conversation with the interviewer. Preparing yourself mentally before interview is necessary.
Things you should prepare:
- Know your subject well. You may not know everything but learn the known things precisely.
- Read Newspaper, current affairs because interviewers do ask questions to test if you are up to date with the world.
- Be prepared to be vocal about anything. They may ask you normal questions like your daily routine, how you spend your Sundays or your favorite memory of childhood. Take your time, breathe, and speak as you do normally. I was asked about my happiest moment and I did say ‘I haven’t come across’, yet got selected.
- Be confident, it is the key. They would rather hire a smart mediocre than a timid scholar.
- Eye contacts are necessary. Don’t avoid eye contact as the other person may think you are lacking confidence or not interested.
- Show your interest by asking questions about the job profile and organization. This shows that you are interested.
- Wear clothes that are clean, tidy and you feel confident in.
- Do your homework and learn more about the job you are applying.
- Avoid any wrong gesture or posture that may hurt one’s sentiment.
- Do not be too over-friendly or show over confidence.
- It’s okay to not know things and accept that you don’t know it.