How do I prepare myself for trekking?
2019/04/11Answer by :
Trekking sounds adventurous and exciting but actually can wear you off. With time it can become tedious, tiring and you may lose the excitement with which you started it. But, if you are prepared for the trek beforehand no one can stop you from reaching the summit and have fun at the same time. Since trek requires a lot of physical strength, doesn’t mean you don’t need to prepare yourself mentally.
Before you go hit the trails keep in mind these few tips.
- Start walking
No, I am not joking. Start walking short distances in alternate days and work up the length as your body adjusts to the new regime. When you are comfortable start walking long distances daily because you won’t get a break when in trek.
- Leg based cardio can be added in your routine for example cycling, swimming, soccer, football, squash or any other gym workout.
- Replace taking escalators and elevators with stairs.
- Walk in all kinds of weather, walk in a hot summery day, rain or cold because you will have to walk the trail irrespective of the weather.
- Practice walking with walking poles and backpack.
- Make sure you carry enough water to keep yourself hydrated and food so that you are always ready.
- A good pair of shoes is a must in trekking.
- Make sure your clothes are comfortable and suitable for the trek.