How do I start a YouTube channel?
2019/04/08Answer by :
YouTube channels, when popular, can earn you good income. It may be your passion, side kick or your primary source of income. For beginners, I do know it is difficult reaching your potential viewers at very short time, however, not impossible. Once you carve your niche and narrow down on target audience, setting up your YouTube channel is the next big thing you should consider.
- Access YouTube on your mobile or system and login or create an account.
- Tap on the user icon from top right corner of the screen and tap on Gear icon to open Settings.
- Tap on Create a New Channel.
- To select a business name click on “Use a business or other name”, enter name and tap on Create.
- Your Channel is created and needs Information to be filled. Fill in the About Section or description box of your channel. Make sure you explain briefly what your channel is about and what viewers can expect from your channel. This is the basic introduction of your channel that’s read by each user and so, should be curated carefully. You should add in your website links, social media links in this section.
- Upload a suitable cover pic that focuses your channel.
- Make sure your channel is never short of content. Keep updating videos as the niche demands, maybe tutorial, reviews, testimonials, entertainment, informative or so on. Having variety of content material on your channel helps reach diverse viewers. Create content by keeping interests of your target audience.
- You may create a short video i.e. Channel Trailer that basically briefs viewers about your channel and what it is all about.
- Upload your first video. Do enough research before uploading your first YouTube video as first impressions matter here as well.
- While uploading, a page asking for Title, Descriptions, and Tags etc. appears. These aren’t pseudo details that you need to fill in but helps you reach target audience and help your video appear in searches and reach viewers. A video title and description that has good amount and quality of keywords will do much good. It’s up to you how well you optimize your videos and channel to reach on top of YouTube or any search engine.
- You cannot expect your channel to do well when you are not consistently uploading videos in your channel. Make sure you upload videos in a consistent manner as nobody likes to subscribe channels that have nothing for the viewers or take longer times to upload content.
- Make sure you link your YouTube channel with your website, social sites to enlarge your social reach and get hold on more viewers.
- Your job isn’t finished when you upload a video through your channel, instead it starts from there. Browse to the comments section and reply to them, ask and answer questions, listen to the viewers and analyze their interests and demands because you need to upload content that the viewer wants.
- If you want your channel to reach even more viewers and user audiences then try investing in YouTube advertising. Do your research before investing on any ads.