How to make white sauce pasta at home?
2019/03/05Answer by :
- We often get bored of the red sauce pasta as the taste is somewhat familiar. White sauce pasta is one preparation that we crave but don’t try at home. However, preparing white sauce pasta can be easier than you thought. You don’t need many ingredients for the preparation and the cooking time is also less.
- 3/4 cup Penne Pasta
- 1/2 Teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/4 cup chopped Bell Peppers
- 1 ½ tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ Pizza seasoning (Oregano, Chili flakes)
- Crushed Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- We have taken Penne pasta for the preparation but you can take any of your choice.
- Firstly, Put some water in a deep sauce pan, around 4-5 cups. Bring it to boil, add ½ teaspoon salt and oil and add ¾ cup Penne pasta.
- Cook it for 10-15 minutes until it is soft but not too soft.
- Transfer Pasta into a different container and drain out excess water.
- Meanwhile, chop veggies as mentioned in ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add ½ teaspoon oil.
- Add and sauté all vegetables until they are cooked yet crisp.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Now, heat ½ tablespoon butter in pan.
- Sauté finely chopped garlic in medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- Cook for a minute while continuously stirring.
- Whisk and add Milk into the pan little by little.
- Whisk for 1-2 minutes. Stir the sauce till it thickens.
- Add Oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add sautéed vegetables and pasta into the pan. Toss it and turn the flame off.
- You can garnish it with cheese and serve a hot plate of pasta.